The monthly gathering of the Winnipeg RASC. This meeting is free to attend and open to anyone!
- Beginner’s Session – Black Holes
- Mobile App Review – Kris Keller gives us his take on a mobile app for astronomy
- What’s Up? – An overview of what you can see in the current night sky
- What’s New? – News stories from the science of astronomy
- Refreshment break
- Featured Presentation – X-Ray Observations of Pulsar Wind Nebulae
Benson Guest, a PhD student from the University of Manitoba will be giving us a talk titled: X-Ray Observations of Pulsar Wind Nebulae
About the Speaker
Benson Guest did his undergrad at the U of M and is currently a PhD student with Dr. Safi-Harb. He’s a TA for the first year astronomy courses and for his research is using data from a few different x-ray observing satellites to study pulsar wind nebulae. These are bubbles blown by rapidly rotating neutron stars which form from the collapsed cores of massive stars.