« All Events
September 2018 Monthly Meeting
September 14 @ 7:00 pm - 10:00 pm
The monthly gathering of the Winnipeg RASC. This meeting is free to attend and open to anyone!
- Beginner’s Session – Telescopes, Eyepieces, Mounts, & Other Gear
- Lost in Space – A look at one of the many spacecraft exploring our solar system
- What’s Up? – An overview of what you can see in the current night sky
- What’s New? – News stories from the science of astronomy
- Refreshment break
- Featured Presentation – Photometry for Amateurs Using iTelescopes
Join us as Gord Tulloch gives us a detailed talk on how to use iTelescope.net telescopes to collect and analyze data on variable stars.
Every second Friday of the month, we host our monthly meetings. They are free and open for all to attend, and are located in the Robert Schultz Lecture Theatre at St. John’s College in the U of M.
Meetings start at 7pm with our Beginner’s talk, which are designed for novice astronomers who are just beginning in the hobby. Then, we have updates on the latest astronomical news, and also discuss what is up to observe in the night sky that month. The main talk typically runs from 9pm to 10pm, where we have a variety of guest speakers who share their knowledge and expertise of astronomy.
Near the end of each summer, the Winnipeg RASC holds its annual Spruce Woods Star Party, held at Spruce Woods Provincial Park near Carberry, Manitoba. All current RASC members are welcome to join for a weekend of astronomy workshops and long nights of observing.